Thursday, October 15, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy Experience.

The world knows that Philippines is one of the country that was hit the hardest by typhoon Ondoy. Specifically Metro Manila, Bulacan, Laguna and Cainta. I myself experienced swimming on floods while carrying my laptop to safety, and i will tell you, IT WASN'T EASY. i cannot see where i am heading at, when i look around, what i saw was a rubble of ruins, and as i try to see the water I'm swimming at, there was nothing but mud and dirt. My feet always bumps into something hard or sharp and i cannot prevent it from happening because for one, i cannot see anything from the mud wrench water. I got bruises all over my body. Good thing the rest of my family were safely relocated at a local school. Thinking about that gave me the strength to ignore everything I'm seeing. 

After the typhoon, it wasn't easy going back home. our house was consumed by the floods. Everything inside is gone. My sister's school stuff all gone (i saw her shoe floating in mud) , my moms living room was left in disarray, we cannot even see my fathers gadgets... Then i saw my books, J.K Rowling, Sidney Sheldon, Dan Brown, Meyers, Montgomery, Crichton, King, and many many others, gone... its as if seeing your own children dead... i hurriedly went outside and cried. 

I know everything passes. But right there, time stood still. We stayed no longer than a minute yet everything we've strive for a lifetime is gone, overnight. 

But i know everything has its end, this too will end. 

and everything we lost will come back double! 

for we are brave. 

we will strive harder.

let this be a challenge.

and we will get through this.

in the best possible way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. Please stay safe -- my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you will build up again and the most important thing of all you still have, the lives of all your family and you are together not scattered in the world.
    All things we ultimately have to leave behind anyway. All that really matters is the amount of love we leave behind as well.

    Thank you for your visit and for following my blog. Next time, please leave a message.

    ReplyDelete