Thursday, September 2, 2010

timid and shy

I love my little sister. she is often shy, timid, and soft spoken. Well... Uhm... that was at least when she was five years old.. The first time she learned how to write, she wrote me letters, addressing me as "tete" (her own version of  ate which means "bigger sister"). I still remember her on her little pink satin dress while jumping up and down our old sofa. She was fair, chubby and cute. Our neighbours loved to hug her and pinch her plump little chicks. And boy! she loved the attention, she will often run outside our house and go directly to our neighbours front door just to look for familiar faces.


I remembered being so close to her that when my grandma took me to the province of Pampanga for two weeks, I missed her more than I missed my mom. :) and when we went home, I hugged her so tight she cried. haha!


She is no a teenager, and as we all know, the teenage years is the so called don't-bother-me, you-don't-understand-me age. I'm missing the younger her, when she will hold my hand whenever she's scared, whenever she's not sure if she should do this or that, I'm missing the way she jumped up and down our bed, and yes, the "thug" sound whenever she falls off. 


Candy doesn't work on her any more, nor does bribery, I think. She's now off to a world where it is really hard for me to penetrate... Her friends are now her "tete"... her soul sisters... I am no longer enough to be the company she needed and wanted. 


I knew and I'm praying that someday she will grow as a fine lady. Far better than me. I'm praying that she'll value her education the more I valued mine... 


My goodness! so this is how it feels like for mothers whose daughters are growing up... 


Grow up Marvinia, my little sister... but never forget, you are still my once timid and shy little sister in her favourite satin dress. I love you.  and I will always do... 

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaaw! Susch a sweet post. Don't worry, she will soon be over t and then you have a best friend once again!

    ReplyDelete