Monday, July 27, 2009

reality bites...

There was a pause as I repeated the words in my head a few times, sifting through them for
their real intent.

"You… don't… want me?" I tried out the words, confused by the way they sounded, placed
in that order.

"No."

I stared, uncomprehending, into his eyes. He stared back without apology. His eyes were like
topaz–hard and clear and very deep. I felt like I could see into them for miles and miles, yet
nowhere in rheir bottomless depths could I see a contradiction to the word he'd spoken.

1 comment:

  1. Aaah! That was close! It's a good thing your guardian angel was looking out for you. Just saved you from a creep! No man, no man should ever say that to a woman.Only an idiot says that. Surely there was another way to tell you like, "I am not good enough for you" which is exactly the truth. Count your blessing girl!

    ReplyDelete